Hamilton PAL " Helping the Youth of the Community "
Welcome to the Police Athletic League Website
Welcome to Hamilton Revolution Cheer! We’re looking forward to meeting our cheerleaders and having an exciting 2021 season! Our goal is to build confidence in young people through dedication to a competitive team sport. While we hope to have our players improve as athletes and experience the thrill of victory in competition, we always strive to make them better teammates first.
Ages eligible to participate: 5-16
- Tiny Mite (exhibition only): ages 5, 6, 7
- Mitey Mite: ages 7, 8, 9
- Jr Pee Wee: ages 8, 9, 10, 11
- Pee Wee: ages 9, 10, 11, 12
- Jr Varsity: ages 10, 11, 12, 13
- Varsity: ages 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Teams will be determined after registration is complete.
Our regular season runs from August to November. Depending on our placement at competitions and interest, the season could extend to December, 2021 or January, 2022 (for Nationals and any other competitions we are interested in participating in).
Time commitment: Practices are two nights the week, plus Saturdays and games on Sundays
The Revolution will supply each cheerleader with a uniform shell and skirt at the beginning of the season. Your child will also receive a game bow, Breast Cancer Awareness month bow and socks, competition day socks and a practice shirt at the beginning of the season. These do not need to be returned.
Each cheerleader is responsible for purchasing the following items to accompany the uniform:
- Cheer Sneakers for competitions. Sneakers must be all white and have a soft bottom. Keds or Converse are not permitted. Please check Amazon, Omni Cheer and Dick’s Sporting Goods for options.
- Separate game sneakers. Sneakers must be all white and have a soft bottom. Keds or Converse are not permitted. Please check Amazon, Omni Cheer and Dick’s Sporting Goods for options.
- Competition Bow
- Boy Shorts (for under uniform skirts).
- Crop tops (for under uniform shell).
- Navy blue or black leggings for games when the weather turns cold.
- Pink sweatshirt for October (Breast Cancer Awareness month)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Jewelry of any kind (earrings, rings, bracelets, necklace, etc) CANNOT be worn during practices or games. PLEASE do not pierce your child’s ears before the season. Band-Aids over earrings or any other covering will not be permitted. Earrings MUST be removed. Please plan accordingly.
August 2021 SEASON BEGINS!!!
- First day of practice: Monday, August 2, 2021 (location TBD)
- Competition teams will tentatively practice 6:00-8:00pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for the month of August
- Exhibition teams will tentatively practice 6:00-7:30 pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for the month of August
- While practice times and locations are subject to change due to weather and other circumstances beyond our control, this is our standard schedule for the month of August
- CHOREOGRAPHY WEEKEND: Saturday, August 21 OR Sunday, August 22. Location and time TBD. Choreography weekend is mandatory. Please plan accordingly.
- 1st Game –end of August; date/location/times TBD.
- Practices will move indoors: location TBD
- All competition teams will practice 6:00-8:00 pm 2 days per week (days TBD)
- All competition teams will also practice 2 hours on Saturdays (times TBD)
- Exhibition teams will practice 6:00-7:30 pm 2 days per week (days TBD)
- Starting September 1, practices are mandatory (unless an absence is previously discussed with a coach)
- Games are every weekend (usually Sundays). We will be cheering for our Revolution football teams; schedules to follow. Some games will be away so travel will be required.
- Same practice schedule as September
- Central Jersey Exhibition and Competition at Sun Bank Arena – date TBD
- Playoffs for our Jr Pee Wee & up football teams; all girls will cheer for playoffs
- Garden State Competition for competing teams at Sun Bank Arena – date TBD
November / December - Cheer Competitions
- If teams advance to Regional Competition, same practice schedule as September
- Nov – Pop Warner Regional Competition at Sun Bank Arena – dates TBD
- Dec – National Pop Warner Cheer Competition at Universal Orlando Resort, Orlando, FL – dates TBD (this is NOT a mandatory competition, but it’s a fun opportunity for the cheerleaders if they are able to attend). Travel costs to Florida are not included in registration. We will be doing fundraising to help offset travel costs, should a team advance to Nationals.
January 2022 Additional Competitions (based on team interest)
The following documentation is required for each cheerleader. All forms must be handed in at the first day of practice (forms will also be accepted earlier, if completed).
- Official Pop Warner Medical Form. The form must be dated for 2021 and have the physician’s original signature and medical address stamp. Participants CANNOT practice until this form is completed by the physician.
- Parents should notify the commissioners and coaches if their child has ANY notable medical conditions: asthma, diabetes, allergies, etc. and/or if their child must have medications on hand.
- Participant Contract and Parental Consent Form
- Revolution Cheer forms:
- Risk of cheerleading
- Media Release Form
- Social Media Contract
- Cheerleader Time, Commitment Agreement and Information Handout
- All new cheerleaders must submit an Original Birth Certificate with a raised seal and a photocopy of the birth certificate. Returning players will not need to provide an original birth certificate until Regionals in November.
- 3 copies of year-end (June) report card. Report card must include all 4 marking periods/3 trimesters. Please make sure to print from PowerSchool before the system closes for the summer.
Please contact Grady Hunt at RevolutionCheer5678@gmail.com or 732-865-0180 with any further questions.